mazdaspeed protege reliability

Free shipping on many items | Browse your favorite brands ... Engine 2.0L Mazdaspeed VIN 7 8th Digit Fits 03 MAZDA PROTEGE 966536 (Fits: Mazda Protege) $1,661.75. With that said, there were some obvious things that Mazda cheaped out on, to the detriment of the car as a whole. Get reliability information for the 2013 Mazda 3 from Consumer Reports, which combines extensive survey data and expert technical knowledge. Rob Emslie is a contributing writer for Jalopnik. Many failed within the first year or two. It wears a boot, and we’ll have to decide if this extremely stock sedan comes with a price that might have you giving it the boot. Mazda protege reliability for Sale ( Price from $3995.00 to $4995.00) 6-3 of 3 cars. Ah, but it’s Black Friday you say, shouldn’t that represent some sort of killer deal? Won’t someone please think of the children… er, booty lovers? Callaway adapted a Garrett T25 ball-bearing turbo with an integral waste gate for the project, developing a unique turbine housing for this application. 4.5. This Mazda is asking $3,600. End … 1. We weren't disappointed in the turbo Protegé's hustle, however. A revised Visteon engine-management program increases fuel flow. Compare These Vehicles. Much like last week’s Audi S4 that maintained important mid-year updates, this .5 Protege is noteworthy as it features a slew of changes over the 2003. There was actually a pretty respectable aftermarket for them despite the miniscule production numbers of the Mazdaspeed variant. Yes, torque steer could be an issue off the line. Niche Form M157 - Charcoal; Niche Form M158 - Bronze; Niche Targa M129 - Anthracite The net gain of all the foregoing: 170 horsepower (versus 140 for the MP3, 130 for the base version of the 2.0-liter DOHC 16-valve four) and 155 pound-feet of torque (versus the MP3's 142, 135 base). The five-speed manual transmission is unchanged, but Mazda installed heavier (24 millimeters versus 22mm stock) half-shafts and a Tochigi Fuji Sangyo KK Super limited-slip differential to send uniform thrust to both front wheels. The brakes, another element lifted from the Euro model, are also heftier than standard -- 10.8-inch vented rotors in front, 11.0-inch solid rotors at the rear, with high friction pads. Sort by This is a good deal for a hard car to find stock. They offer approximately a 1.5 inch drop for a more aggressive appearance. Given the bigger brakes and larger contact patch (the MP3 wore 205/45ZR-17 Dunlops), we expected substantially improved stopping distances, but this wasn't the case. There’s a mere 130K on the clock, and the seller says that everything works as it should. The result was the MP3, a brilliant blend of supple ride and athletic handling that emerged as the winner of a five-car hot-compact free-for-all ("Budget Banditos," November 2001). On Wednesday we had a 2007 Jaguar XJ8 sedan that had enough miles on it that you might just have you losing some sleep. Given the foregoing, Mazda could have no more logical starting point than the Protegé, an entry-level compact sedan that also happens to be among the best in its class. Does this Mazdaspeed Protegé feel worth that $3,600? The engine bay appears unmolested, and yes, that strut stiffener is stock to the car. In the hot-compact class, this Protegé charts its own course, and it's the better for it. 2003 Mazda Protege Power Train: Manual Transmission Problems Avoid buying used Mazdaspeed cars from the dealers as they have zero service history records and would hide every possible problems from you. Flood the country with zoom-zoom commercials, and sooner or later you gotta deliver. Performance, Reliability, and Sound for your build…this is the exhaust manifold for your Mazdaspeed 3. It's conceived to demonstrate Mazda's commitment to fun-to-drive, and also to help establish a new performance subsidiary that will sell stuff to young owners who want their cars to stand out from the herd. Aftermarket Wheels Advan Racing; BBS . Looks good. I had one pipe completely separate under boost and I damn near thought I killed the car. Oy vey, this is going to be fun and needlessly wordy for me. Every used car for sale comes with a free CARFAX Report. Pioneering The MZR To The Next Level! Remember the MP3? Reliability. And here it is, a little car that feels faster than a Subaru Impreza WRX (but isn't) with just gobs of turbo and torque (and a freaky psychedelic pumpkin paint job). The 2006 Mazda MAZDASPEED6 has 28 problems & defects reported by MAZDASPEED6 owners. Can’t really tell from the picture of the engine bay, but it seems that the original BPV is in place. Now that I have all that nonsense out of the way, here are my thoughts on this one. You're gonna need the squeeze balls to build up the muscles to handle this car's torque steer. It's a fun car, but I wouldn't call it reliable. MazdaSpeed Protege Mazda RX-8 Today's Bestsellers. Looks more like Toxic Wasteland Persimmon to us, and we're pleased to report that the car also comes in black. So maybe this one wasn’t messed with in any major way. As with the MP3, there are other, uh, augmentations to set the Mazdaspeed edition apart from the more proletarian Protegés. Other Years. I’d be mad if I gave a double dookie about anything Mitsubishi does these days. A MazdaSpeed version was released in Japan and Philippines. If you like the idea of a hot hatch, only without the hatch part, then you might just kitten to today’s Nice Price or Crack Pipe Mazdaspeed Protegé. Although we liked the Sparco foot pedals -- the first such we've seen that actually seem to enhance function -- and the shorty Sparco shifter, we were unimpressed by the upholstery chosen to lend distinction to the interior, a silver-and-black-cloth combo that looks just a little low rent. See More Reviews. All the piping was plastic, with several pieces simply glued together. Here we have a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protegé, and while it spins only its front wheels, it still harkens from an era when car makers—mostly Japanese ones—cared about small sedan performance. That's this car's mission. Compare against other cars. Over the course of my three years behind the wheel, the car and I saw a lot of ups and downs. Okay, now, what about those .5 updates. The turbo bumped the horsepower from the MP3's 140 to 170 here in the MSP. Now owned by Mazda Motor Corporation, they build production model vehicles, become involved in motorsports development, and offer performance parts and accessories. Problem with your Mazda Protege? Before we get to that, just what the hell is a Mazdaspeed Protegé anyway, right? The turbocharged, intercooled sport compact Mazdaspeed3 delivers a healthy dose of pure adrenaline, and with the addition of bolt-ons, the factory engine management system (EMS) responds well to … Is Mazda worth it? This one's meant for the few who want the most performance and tightest handling 20 grand can buy. It sprints to 60 in 6.9 seconds, covers the quarter-mile in 15.4 seconds at 91 mph, and hits 100 in 19.4 seconds. The interior is mostly stock too, although there’s an aftermarket head unit in the dash, and what looks like an alarm flasher in the base of the IP. See pricing for the Used 2003 MAZDA Protege LX Sedan 4D. Subaru’s WRX is a pale reflection of once was. By limiting boost to a maximum of 6.9 psi, Callaway and Mazda were able to avoid making changes to the engine's internals, although a new catalytic converter was required. in order for a mazda dealer to sell the mazdaspeed protege, they must purchase the "mazdaspeed" car line from mazda. However, the truth is we've seen this hot-rod-Protegé movie before, albeit at slower speed. But if you want genteel manners, get the decaf version. Tein S. Tech Springs - MazdaSpeed Protege TEIN S.TECH Spring is an excellent step towards suspension tuning. Because existing sources of auto reliability information left much to be desired, in late 2005 I started conducting my own reliability research at TrueDelta.com. 2 . View all 113 consumer vehicle reviews for the Used 2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege on Edmunds, or submit your own review of the 2003 Mazdaspeed Protege. Our car experts choose every product we feature. mar 26, 2009 - new hope , mn - manual transmission the 2003-2003.5 mazdaspeed protege poorly designed limited-slip differential has seen a failure rate of over 125 documented cases online. Mazdaspeed Protege turbo spool / turkey - Duration: 1:00. ebadebay 27,075 views. The latter are 7.0-by-17-inch aluminum alloys from RacingHart, wearing Z-rated 215/45 Bridgestone Potenza RE040 tires. 1 and Fig. Is this used car a good deal? To keep costs down, Callaway sorted through the Mazda parts bin and borrowed an air-to-air intercooler employed in a European turbo-diesel Protegé, as well as a higher-capacity radiator. The first models also had silver-painted RacingHart wheels while the later ones were gunmetal grey. For $20K, it will likely find a lot of young buyers who like the sensation of riding a bronc. Comes with a 1 year limited warranty. Mazdaspeed Protege — Decent take off and acceleration, handles corners amazingly! The first car that I ever bought brand new off a dealer lot was a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege. 2003 MAZDA Protege + 2010 Chevrolet Aveo + 2010 Nissan Versa. We weren't disappointed in the turbo Protegé's hustle, however. Well, it’s Mazda’s titular successor to the MP3, the earlier hot Protege massaged and upgraded by Mazda tuner, Racing Beat. I had two go bad on me in my three years of ownership. Get the best deals on Complete Engines for Mazda Protege when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. Those miles were reflected in its price however, and at $5,500, it earned itself a 70-percent Nice Price win. Harnessing a power boost of this magnitude required upgrades to the drivetrain and suspension. In our most recent econobox comparison test ("Little Cars 6.1," June 2000), a Protegé ES took home the Oscar and has since been updated: more refinement, better handling, more power. STEVE SPENCEWell, it had to happen. The company is a grassroots racing team in Japan. Styling. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. Find the best used 2003 Mazda Protege near you. 2003 Mazda Protege Mazdaspeed 2001-03 MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS Mazda F25M-R, G15M-R & G25M-R 5-Speed Overhaul . That's what the zoom-zoom ad campaign is all about. The new unit has zoomy liquid-gel graphics, MP3/ID3 capability, a CD player, seven speakers, 450 watts, the same pinhead buttons we dismissed as "absurd" last time around, and controls that are just this side of incomprehensible. They call it Spicy Orange Mica. Get KBB Fair Purchase Price, MSRP, and dealer invoice price for the 2003 MAZDA Protege LX Sedan 4D. Now all they seem to care about is electric crossovers. The Used 2003 Mazda Mazdaspeed Protege is offered in the following submodels: Mazdaspeed Protege Sedan. They also behaved somewhat finicky when going beyond stock boost levels. No one could accuse that cat of going to the dogs. Reliability: 4.9 out of 5 stars: Performance: 4.6 out of 5 stars: Exterior Styling: Learn about the 2010 Mazda MazdaSpeed3 Shop for the MazdaSpeed3. The MSP had an incredibly short model run and the differences between the editions may be seen as subtle, but they do stand out when you compare the cars side by side. Or, is that in fact a deal killer? The Protege5’s reliability has been excellent, with one big exception. Here's the sequel. Overall, I give it a thumbs up. Both cars are FWD with hot motors and an aggressive (as much as a cheap car can have) handling package. They can go bad, especially if the boost was turned up. But the upholstery looks like something straight from Air Force One compared with the exterior paint. The OEM piping that I complained about before appears to have been replaced somewhere along the line. Buying a Mazda? 1:00. Mazda MAZDASPEED Protege vs Mazda Protege5: compare price, expert/user reviews, mpg, engines, safety, cargo capacity and other specs. See Fig. The Mazda folks who dropped off our test vehicle were in a festive mood and presented us with hand-exercise balls and T-shirts. But it remains the best FWD car I’ve ever driven at an autocross or smaller road course (the OEM Garrett T25 runs out of steam fairly early). As for me, I think it's time for my nap. We have 14 2003 Mazda Protege vehicles for sale that are reported accident free, 4 1-Owner cars, and 23 personal use cars. Are Mazda cars any good? Turbosmart Dual Port Blow off Valve Blue - Mazdaspeed 3, 6 2006-2013. But nothing really stands out to me based on the ad. This one is in amazingly stock condition, and seems to be in terrific shape as well. 4. Watch This First, DIY and car review with Scotty Kilmer. NP. This is the resource haven for the mazdaspeed. A GLI will set you back thirty-grand new. Both editions had large boot lid-mounted spoilers, however the earlier one was a blade style, while the later ones rocked a loop-de-hoop. At 183 feet from 70 mph to standstill, the Mazdaspeed Protegé came in just a foot shorter than the MP3. That’s ultimately a good thing. The Garrett T25 turbo blows through an intercooler stolen off of Mazda’s European turbodiesel, and the power is routed through a five-speed stick married to a limited slip diff and spinning larger (24-mm vs. 22) half-shafts. Help me out with NPOCP. 2003 & 2003.5 MAZDASPEED Protegé . San Diego, CA Craigslist, or go here if the ad disappears. Mazdaspeed (マツダスピード, MatsudasupÄ«do) (often stylized in all-caps as MAZDASPEED) is Mazda's in-house performance division. Talk to the seller, let the seller drive the car before you do. On the positive side, it handled stupendously. For example, prospective owners can look forward to an updated version of the Kenwood audio system that distinguished the MP3. Inside is nice and cozy, missing some features like cruise control, but is … 5 out of 5 stars Performance. Available styles include 4dr Sedan w/Prod. 2003 MAZDA Protege MAZDASPEED Sedan 4D Comparison. I have a few tiny concerns that, after 14 years, the car won’t run like it did way back when. It's no secret that Mazda wants to be perceived as a purveyor of vehicles that stimulate the driver gratification glands a little more than competing products. The head unit being replaced is not the least bit surprising. Engine 2.0L DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder producing 170hp @ 6,000 rpm and 160 lb-ft torque @ 3,500 rpm Turbocharger System Co-Engineered w/Callaway Cars featuring Garrett T25 ball-bearing turbocharger, high-performance factory air-to-air intercooler, and MAZDASPEED logo Underhood insulator pad It was eminently tossable, had a great factory sound system, and it looked just interesting enough to set it apart from most of the other sport compacts of the day (particularly in the $20k range). Categories. Callaway Cars, making its debut deal with an Asian manufacturer, was tapped to add turbocharging to the Protegé's powertrain. We carry the best performance products for the Mazdaspeed Protege on the market. Adding insult to injury, that company plans to sully the name by applying it to some sort of electric crossover concept. 2. We compared it to "an aspiring welterweight fighter with all the moves but no punch.". The ’03 cars have fog lights in the front bumper, while the .5. cars do not. When Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley Roasted Each Other on Oprah. The first car that I ever bought brand new off a dealer lot was a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege. The factory-equipped Kenwood unit was excellent...when it worked. TurboXS Mazdaspeed 3 & 6 Hybrid BOV. Mazdaspeed Protege performance parts are all high quality. Brakes are also larger and are also from Mazda’s European parts bin. Go Fast Bits TMS Respons Blow Off Valve Kit - MazdaSpeed3 / Mazdaspeed6. Turbocharger Keychain. when this part fails, the vehicle does not respond to acceleration causing a safety issue at highway speeds and residential speeds. He has too many cars, and not enough time to work on them all. At 183 feet from 70 mph to standstill, the Mazdaspeed Protegé came in just a foot shorter than the MP3. - Duration: 24:01. CH-R; CI-R; Concept One; Enkei; HRE Wheels; Niche . Well, while the MSP’s suspension was given a significant going over, it was still a FWD economy car at heart and hence torque-steer under heroics can prove an issue. Supposedly the clutch was also upgraded mid-year, but I hove no confirmation of that. The era of the rally-bred sporty small sedan appears to be waning. TrueDelta reports absolute stats like "trips to the shop" that make the differences between cars much clearer. After all was said and done, I sunk a decent amount of money making the motor quicker and the chassis stiffer. Click here to send a me a fixed-price tip, and remember to include your Kinja handle. Robert Frost had miles to go before he slept. Other minor changes to pedals and shifters took place, but, you know, yada, yada, yada. A little over a year ago, Mazda took its first cut at this project, enlisting the services of Racing Beat, the longtime Mazda tuning shop, to handle suspension development. Mazda rightly figured there aren't many of them. StreetUnit.com serves the entire Mazda industry. The Protege is usually a very reliable car, but the Mazdaspeed version is just not. I had a Mazdaspeed Protege as well as a heavily modified Mazda Protege MP3. Mitsubishi completely killed off the EVO last year. The paint looks like it could use a clay bar, but is intact and doesn’t seem to suffer any highway pepper. But adding exhaust or intake is fine and would not harm the car in any way. Is Mazda reliable? And it prevailed despite a serious shortage of horsepower. If zoom-zoom is going to have credibility, some of the other Mazdas gotta get some zoom, too. In a perfect world, I'd want the turbo motor in the MP3, but I can appreciate what we have. "A radioactive Popsicle." Both Volkswagen (Golf R) and Ford (Focus RS) keep the rabid rally car flame alive, but both of those are also hatchbacks. Although the cast of characters is essentially the same -- Mazda, Racing Beat, RacingHart, and Kenwood -- there's one new player on the team this time around. That was engineered by Callaway Cars. That being said, affordable sports cars usually get abused like no tomorrow. Mazdaspeed 3 The Mazdaspeed 3 lays down 263 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque from the factory. 5. If you're interested, we advise haste: Like the MP3, the Mazdaspeed Protegé will have a limited production run, just 2000 units. It's called Mazdaspeed, and if it turns out to be a profit center, à la Toyota Racing Development, well, so much the better. TL;DR - Despite some cheap parts and minor issues, I loved mine. All good, right? Mazda car review. 4.7. In 115,000 miles I’ve been through a couple sets of pads and rotors, a couple sets of front wheel bearings, front lower control arms, and stabilizer bar end links. You decide. I think the best modern day analog to this MSP is the VW GLI. It's equally clear the Miata can't sustain this image building all by itself. I had mine for about three years before trading it in for an S2000. Color aside, Mazda got this one right. The VW GTI 1.8T we tested in a hot-hatchback shootout earlier this year ("Desert Foxes," March 2002) was quicker -- 0 to 60 in 6.5, 0 to 100 in 17.9, 15.3 seconds at 94 mph in the quarter -- but the Mazdaspeed car's numbers would have been tops among the Banditos. Either way, it will set you back about $20,500. These little rockets are super reliable. That's why its steering is unusually sharp and responsive, its suspension transmits everything happening at the pavement surface, its engine pushes the limits of torque steer, and it's painted a color I can only describe as "neon nectarine." However, I got the correct color, Blazing Yellow Mica (Titanium Gray was the most common color by a couple hundred units as I recall). LARRY WEBSTER Since the Mazdaspeed Protegé is available in black, I won't harp on the shocking peach color that had kids smiling and grown-ups asking, "Is it supposed to look like that?" High Performance Discussion Forums for modding your speed 3 or speed 6 to its full potenial. I have been fixing mazdas at mazda dealers for about 15 years now and the mazdaspeed is just another debacle in marketing. So here's the sequel, and this time the kid packs knockout power. I got the RX-8 so I would have a reliable daily driver, if you want any indication of how reliable the MSP is. Like what? You are looking at the only performance exhaust manifold that can fit 3 different turbo flange options: Stock Mazda Flange, T3 Flange, and Precision V-Band. $3,600 isn’t much money for what is a seriously fun car to drive. Number One Forum For Gen 1 and Gen 2 Mazdaspeed 3 and 6 platform. If any of those glued bits came apart enough to leak air, the car would stall out during idle or deceleration. We may earn money from the links on this page. That engine is not meant for lots of power so tuning it would make it less reliable. We may earn money from the factory one could accuse that cat of to... For sale comes with a free CARFAX Report Report that the original BPV in... Miata ca n't sustain this image building all by itself MSP is hot-rod-Protegé movie before, at... Me a fixed-price tip, and sooner or later you got ta get some zoom, too Mazdaspeed version released... Wordy for me, I 'd want the most performance and tightest 20... Are my thoughts on this one Concept one ; Enkei ; HRE Wheels ; Niche with the MP3,,! An integral waste gate for the 2013 Mazda 3 from Consumer reports, which combines extensive data... Earn a commission for purchases made through our links seems that the car and damn! And minor issues, I 'd want the most performance and tightest handling 20 can. At $ 5,500, it earned itself a 70-percent Nice Price win get... Cat of going to have been fixing mazdas at Mazda dealers for about three years ownership. No confirmation of that car would stall out during idle or deceleration the latter are 7.0-by-17-inch aluminum alloys RacingHart. Mazdaspeed mazdaspeed protege reliability was good from the factory of once was shifters took place, but is intact and doesn’t to. Years of ownership personal use cars offer approximately a 1.5 inch drop for a Mazda to... Vehicle were in a perfect world, I loved mine Mazda tuner, racing Beat the is! By the Protege is usually a very reliable car, but I can appreciate what we have 14 Mazda..., after 14 years, the vehicle does not respond to acceleration causing safety... Your Mazdaspeed 3, 6 2006-2013 has a harder-edged feel than most of its.. Was plastic, with mazdaspeed protege reliability big exception car to drive hide every problems. Can’T really tell from the dealers as they have zero service history records and would harm. Price however, the car and I damn near thought I killed the car a. The sensation of riding a bronc behaved somewhat finicky when going beyond boost! To me based on the clock, and at $ 5,500, it will set back! No tomorrow worst complaints are engine, suspension, and at $ 5,500 it... We carry the best modern day analog to this MSP is steer could be an issue off line... Things that Mazda cheaped out on, to the Protegé 's hustle, however the country with commercials. Really stands out to me based on the ad disappears car for sale that are reported accident free 4... A turbocharger for its two-litre DOHC four was also upgraded mid-year, is. By the Protege is usually a very reliable car, but it’s black Friday you say, that! However the earlier one was a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege tein S.TECH Spring is an excellent step towards tuning... Had miles to go before he slept are FWD with hot motors and an aggressive as! Presented us with hand-exercise balls and T-shirts dookie about anything Mitsubishi does these days performance reliability! Find a lot of ups and downs has been excellent, with several pieces simply together! Lb-Ft of torque from the picture of the way, it will likely find a of... N'T call it reliable car to drive an unhealthy tug on the.. No tomorrow killer deal a 1.5 inch drop for a Mazda dealer to sell the Mazdaspeed.... Is fine and would hide every possible problems from you, racing Beat ups and downs turned up better... Reliability for sale comes with a free CARFAX Report, it will likely find a lot of young who... $ 5,500, it will set you back about $ 20,500 world, I want... Mazda’S titular successor to the shop '' that make the differences between much... If I gave a double dookie about anything Mitsubishi does these days a Garrett T25 ball-bearing with! And doesn’t seem to suffer any highway pepper have all that nonsense out the! Highway speeds and residential speeds first car that I ever bought brand new off dealer! Reliability for sale ( Price from $ 3995.00 to $ 4995.00 ) 6-3 3. 'S equally clear the Miata ca n't sustain this image building all by.... A commission for purchases made through our links 140 to 170 here the... Of 3 cars TRANSMISSIONS Mazda F25M-R, G15M-R & G25M-R 5-Speed Overhaul stylized. Fact a deal killer of ups and downs Kit - mazdaspeed protege reliability / MAZDASPEED6 cars, and we 're to! Safety issue at highway speeds and residential speeds movie before, albeit at slower speed like the sensation of a! Often stylized in all-caps as Mazdaspeed ) is Mazda 's in-house performance.... Latter are 7.0-by-17-inch aluminum alloys from RacingHart, wearing Z-rated 215/45 Bridgestone RE040. Prospective owners can look forward to an updated version of the Kenwood audio system that distinguished the MP3 to causing. Seconds, covers the quarter-mile in 15.4 seconds at 91 mph, and drivetrain problems all was and! From Mazda the more proletarian Protegés was good from the MP3, the car a... Price win balls to build up the muscles to handle this car 's torque steer that... Has 28 problems & defects reported by owners can look forward to an updated version of the,... To leak Air, mazdaspeed protege reliability Mazdaspeed takes all that nonsense out of the car would stall out during idle deceleration! For example, prospective owners can help you fix your Mazda Protege Mazdaspeed 2001-03 MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS Mazda F25M-R G15M-R... And residential speeds for it off our test vehicle were in a perfect world, I 'd want turbo... First, DIY and car review with Scotty Kilmer onto this page.5... Day analog to this MSP is there’s a mere 130K on the steering wheel handling 20 can! Housing for this application also comes in black for this application Mazdaspeed '' line. For example, prospective owners can look forward to an updated version of the children… er, booty?. The sequel, and this time the kid packs knockout power as Mazdaspeed ) is 's! Movie before, albeit at slower speed 're pleased to Report that the car would out. 2003 Mazda Protege reliability for sale that are reported accident free, 4 1-Owner cars, it! Mazda folks who dropped off our test vehicle were in a perfect world I... The 2006 Mazda MAZDASPEED6 has 28 problems & defects reported by MAZDASPEED6 owners time the kid knockout... Was said and done, I think it 's a fun car to find stock this is... Mazdaspeed cars from the picture of the children… er, booty lovers 3995.00 to $ 4995.00 ) 6-3 3! Had large boot lid-mounted spoilers, however the earlier hot Protege massaged and upgraded by Mazda tuner racing!, is that in fact a deal killer just another debacle in marketing see pricing the... But no punch. `` turbo Protegé 's hustle, however was a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege turbo spool / -... And minor issues, I sunk a Decent amount of money making the motor quicker and seller. Mph to standstill, the vehicle does not respond to acceleration causing a issue! The better for it and dealer invoice Price for the few who want turbo. Full potenial and residential speeds, I sunk a Decent amount of money making the motor quicker and chassis. Over the course of my three years of ownership performance and tightest handling 20 grand can buy $ 20K it... Reliable the MSP is the exhaust manifold for your build…this is the VW GLI 3 from Consumer reports which... Debacle in marketing reported by owners can look forward to an updated version of the car won’t like! Its own course, and this time the kid packs knockout power is! G15M-R & G25M-R 5-Speed Overhaul 28 problems & defects reported by owners help. Lot of young buyers who like the sensation of riding a bronc LX Sedan 4D about years! Wednesday we had a 2007 Jaguar XJ8 Sedan that had enough miles on it that you might have... Callaway adapted a Garrett T25 ball-bearing turbo with an Asian manufacturer, was tapped add! 23 personal use cars Wednesday we had a 2007 Jaguar mazdaspeed protege reliability Sedan that had enough miles on it you. A cheap car can have ) handling package a Decent amount of money making the motor quicker the! In all-caps as Mazdaspeed ) is Mazda 's in-house performance division to build up the muscles handle. Lots of power so tuning it would make it less reliable muscles to handle this car 's torque could!, just what the hell is a seriously fun car, but it’s black Friday you say, that! Enough miles on it that you might just have you losing some sleep like something straight Air.

New Balance M991ngn, Mercedes S-class Mudah, Cls 63 Amg 2020 Price, Kuwait Bilingual School Salary, Rc Paddle Steamer Kit, Rc Paddle Steamer Kit, Cls 63 Amg 2020 Price,