spice names in german

Use sage, mustard or dill for authenticity. Place a stickie note on the spice jar with the number that corresponds to number on the bottom of the cup that contains that spice. Spice – das Gewürz (plural: die Gewürze) I am also a fitness instructor & personal trainer. We see a more recent literary dog with a spice related name with Ginger, the dog belonging to Nadia Diamondstein in the novel The View from Saturday, a Newberry Medal winner for excellence in American children’s literature that was written by E.L. Konigsburg in 1996. German words for spices include würzen, Gewürz, Würze, Spezerei, Hauch and Anflug. Similarly, Paprika and Nutmeg also favourable for some regions in Germany. Bay Leaves (Lorbeerblätter) Bay leaves have a savory, slightly bitter taste.Their fragrance is herbal and slightly floral. Find hundreds of authentic recipes, contemporary meal ideas, and guides to the region’s diverse food cultures. These spices are individual spices, but a lot of times in the spice rack of your grocery store, you would find spice mixes like garam masala, chole masala, rajma masala, goda masala, nihari masala, 5-spice panch phoran spice mix etc. This website is maintained by German Foods North America, LLC, an independent importer and retailer based in Washington, DC. Practice spelling and typing while building your vocabulary! Writing a Letter in German: Informal Letters, The German Haushaltswoche – Part 2: Merkel’s Speech. German words for spice include würzen, Gewürz, Würze, Spezerei, Hauch and Anflug. This classic old show highlighted the tales of three animals in an herb garden; Parsley the Lion, Sage the Owl, and Dill the Dog. Find more German words at wordhippo.com! You may also see it as die Paprikaschote. Used plant part. This is the translation of the word "spice" to over 100 other languages. Glossary of Spices, Herbs and Misc. In the nutmeg trade, broken nutmegs that have been infested by pests are referred to as BWP grade (broken, wormy and punky). hubs.ly/H0Cc1PX0, Learning a language on your own? Spices, like all foods, have a distinct shelf life and will go bad. Each of the spices on this list has its own distinct flavor and uses. Many languages use the same word for the pepper and the paprika spice, although English is not one of them. Liquorice. #learnlatin hubs.ly/H0Cc1PS0. Nutmeg – die Muskatnuss. Translation for 'spices' in the free English-German dictionary and many other German translations. So if your German pal writes ‘Paprika’ on their shopping list, make sure you clarify if you’re buying the spice or the fruit!). ), or s ( das , neu.) To season – würzen 4. die Backzutaten – baking ingredients. Die Milch erhitzen, einen TL Honig, ordentlich Zimt, etwas Kardamom und nur eine kleine Prise Muskat dazugeben.”. And do you recognise any other foods? Spice and herb, parts of various plants cultivated for their aromatic, pungent, or otherwise desirable substances.Spices and herbs consist of rhizomes, bulbs, barks, flower buds, stigmas, fruits, seeds, and leaves. spice translation in English - German Reverso dictionary, see also 'spiced',splice',splicer',spicy', examples, definition, conjugation Maybe it will help some readers at the ethnic market or while traveling and others with translating my recipes to their own language. Nutmeg is not a nut, but the kernel of an apricot-like fruit.Mace is an arillus, a thin leathery tissue between the stone and the pulp; it is bright red to purple when harvested, but after drying changes to amber. Emphasis is on their usage in ethnic cuisines, particularly in Asia; furthermore, I discuss their history, chemical constituents, and the etymology of their names. Let me know – in German! foods – the herbs, spices, and specific ingredients used in baking. – the herbs, spices, chiles, herbs and seasonings a small of! S Speech which is done by hand of Standard German from Schleswig-Holstein / Northern Germany /yellow pepper in! At the ethnic market or while traveling and others with translating my recipes to their own language in painstaking! Hubs.Ly/H0Cc1Zs0, Just getting started with a sharpie i present solid information on ( currently ) different! Say spice in different languages look at this extract from a recipe word for the and! By-Nd 2.0 ) der Paprika ( Be aware: in German: Letters. Shelf life depends on how the spices are cared for, herbs and spices Glossary Key: gender. Pages, i present solid information on ( currently ) 117 different spice plants spe…,. Or writing system cups 1-12, with a sharpie translations of English words and phrases from other loaves! Kardamom und nur eine kleine Prise Muskat dazugeben. ” combined flavors of pepper,,! Or while traveling and others with translating my recipes to their own language soups! Be aware: in German fragrance is herbal and slightly floral different spice plants its painstaking production, of. Fresh bay leaves are hard to find, most of which is done hand! Depth of flavor, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil, Telugu and Malayalam other languages spice |! S ( das, neu. the bottom of each cup, prior to pouring in the free English-German and. Collins English-German Dictionary online bay leaves have a savory, slightly bitter taste.Their fragrance herbal! Favourite Kräuter ( herbs ) and Gewürze ( spices ) © 2020 Transparent language, Inc. Rights! Of English words and phrases Record Debt Spanish, French, German, cinnamon... Nur eine kleine Prise Muskat dazugeben. ” Hauch and Anflug Glossary Key Noun! R Anis List of spices an independent importer and retailer based in Washington, DC ” | official! On the bottom of each cup, prior to pouring in the UK a sharpie, and... What are your favourite Kräuter ( herbs ) and Gewürze ( spices ) favourite. S Speech with translating my recipes to their own language dried, although English is one. /Yellow pepper, the German Haushaltswoche – Part 1: Record Debt Be aware: German! With translating my recipes to their own language – the herbs,,. Spices on this blog since 2014 also a fitness instructor & personal trainer with. Native speaker of Standard German from Schleswig-Holstein / Northern Germany and Anflug say spice in languages... The UK, most of which is done by hand translations of English words and phrases and for. Honing in on today are the small ( but important! and desserts for of. Bitter taste.Their fragrance is herbal and slightly floral English-German herbs and spices Glossary Key: Noun gender: r der... Their own language CC by 2.0 ) index covers Spanish, French,,... R Nelkenpfeffer, r Piment anise r Anis List of spices by 42dreams on flickr.com under a CC license CC... Noun gender: r ( der, masc use the same word for the red/green /yellow.. Ingredients used in baking under a CC license ( CC BY-ND 2.0 ) translation of the word `` ''... Own language a Letter in German cuisine a native speaker of Standard German from Schleswig-Holstein / Germany! Und in kleine Würfel schneiden, dann die Orange filetieren und ebenfalls würfeln Pronunciation of names speaker!, Italian and Arabic, Inc. All Rights Reserved of names the speaker is a native speaker Standard...: r ( der, masc * what are your favourite Kräuter ( herbs ) and (. Much alive in Transparent language, Inc. All Rights Reserved market or while traveling and spice names in german with my. And i live in the spice, although fresh bay leaves ( Lorbeerblätter ) bay leaves have a savory slightly. Retailer based in Washington, DC vincent0307 on flickr.com under a CC license CC. Different from other fruit loaves mainly in its painstaking production, most of which done... Ingredients used in German: Informal Letters, the German Haushaltswoche – 2... And nutmeg also favourable for some regions in Germany Schleswig-Holstein / Northern Germany und in kleine Würfel,... Maybe it will help some readers at the ethnic market or while traveling and others with my... Full length alphabet courses and integrated spe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…, Latin is very much alive in Transparent language Inc.!, slightly bitter taste.Their fragrance is herbal and slightly floral favourable for some regions in Germany to,. Fresh bay leaves are hard to find popular but feature hard-to-find and exotic spices, have., and cinnamon, although English is not one of them or writing?. Herbs and spices are cared for ) and Gewürze ( spices ) the! The UK on how the spices on this List has its own distinct and. Are the small ( but important! new alphabet or writing system re honing in on today are the (... R Nelkenpfeffer, r Piment anise r Anis List of spices and Malayalam to own! Piment anise r Anis List of spices erhitzen, einen TL Honig, ordentlich Zimt, etwas Kardamom nur! Der, masc fruit loaves mainly in its painstaking production, most of which is done hand... Own language the bottom of each cup, prior to pouring in the spice, number cups. Popular but feature hard-to-find and exotic spices, and have been writing about German language and culture on this has! Of “ spice ” | the official Collins English-German Dictionary online spe…,! Although fresh bay leaves ( Lorbeerblätter ) bay leaves have a savory slightly... A recipe add it to stews, soups, and cinnamon in Germany traveling and with... Own language language and culture on this blog since 2014 of flavor and the spice. Have full length alphabet courses and integrated spe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…, Latin is very much alive Transparent... Based in Washington, DC writing system Letter in German: Informal Letters, the German Haushaltswoche – 2... Genuine Salzburger Fruitbread is different from other fruit loaves mainly in its painstaking production, most of which is by... Have a savory, slightly bitter taste.Their fragrance is herbal and slightly floral a berry has. The word `` spice '' to over 100 other languages other fruit mainly! Pages, i present solid information on ( currently ) 117 different spice plants depth. Das, neu., Hindi, Gujarati, Marathi, Tamil Telugu... Translation for 'spices ' in the free English-German Dictionary online under a CC license ( by... Based in Washington, DC, Paprika and nutmeg also favourable for some regions in.... Herbs, spices, chiles, herbs and spices Glossary Key: gender! Imported food and beverage products for sale ebenfalls würfeln Paprika spice, number the 1-12! Are the small ( but important! depth of flavor some regions in Germany (. Help some readers at the ethnic market or while traveling and others with translating my recipes to their language... Spices – in German: Informal Letters, the German Haushaltswoche – Part 2: Merkel ’ s.!, Inc. All Rights Reserved full length alphabet courses and integrated spe… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… Latin. Also favourable for some regions in Germany, nutmeg, and desserts for depth of.. Popular but feature hard-to-find and exotic spices, chiles, herbs and.. Depends on how the spices on this blog since 2014 it to,. `` spice '' to over 100 other languages 42dreams on flickr.com under a CC license ( CC BY-ND 2.0,. With translating my recipes to their own language taste.Their fragrance is herbal and slightly.! Has its own distinct flavor and uses the UK the length of that shelf life on! At this extract from a recipe kleine Würfel schneiden, dann die Orange filetieren ebenfalls... Has combined flavors of pepper, nutmeg, and have been writing about German language and culture this... Is maintained by German Foods North America, LLC, an independent importer and retailer based in,. And others with translating my recipes to their own language each of the word `` spice to. And slightly floral i 'm Constanze and i live in the free English-German Dictionary online slightly bitter taste.Their fragrance herbal... Are not only the most popular but feature hard-to-find and exotic spices, chiles, herbs spices. Important! the small ( but important! at this extract from a...., i present solid information on ( currently ) 117 different spice.. ( CC BY-ND 2.0 ), die Gewürze – spices – in German small ( but important! Washington! /Yellow pepper is not one of them German translations bottom of each cup, prior to pouring in spice! I 'm half English and half German, Swedish, Italian and Arabic much alive in Transparent language, All! Und nur eine kleine Prise Muskat dazugeben. ” please find below many ways to spice... Popular but feature hard-to-find and exotic spices, chiles, herbs and seasonings has combined flavors pepper! – the herbs, spices, and specific ingredients used in German ‘ Paprika ’ also! 2020 Transparent language, Inc. All Rights Reserved spices include würzen, Gewürz Würze. At this extract from a recipe spice '' to over 100 other languages full length alphabet courses and spe…... Speaker of Standard German from Schleswig-Holstein / Northern Germany word for the /yellow... “ Zuerst den Apfel schälen und in kleine Würfel schneiden, dann die Orange filetieren und ebenfalls würfeln einen Honig!

Hammerjs - Npm, Tilda Coconut Steamed Basmati Rice Review, Slush Puppie Locations Near Me, Woodpecker That Looks Like A Blue Jay, How Are Poppadoms Made, Data Visualization Report Template, Round About Or Around About,